Friday, March 11, 2011

Wing Etiquette in a Group Setting

So, I have a request to do a post regarding wing consumption in a group setting. I appreciate the feedback and encourage you guys to make suggestions for anything you would like addressed.

First things first, make sure you get a heat index that everyone agrees upon. It’s no fun going out for wings and having someone not eat because the wings are too hot for them. Second, I like to have an individual sauce. I’m definitely a double dipper, and I don’t like having to dump sauce on my discard plate in order to be courteous to others. I personally could care less if someone double dipped, but some people get pissy if you do so. These are the same people who get pee shy and insist on taking over the whole urinal trough because they feel like someone is going to touch their junk while pissing. The third thing is to make sure you suck the bone dry. No one likes someone who leaves gristle on the bone. Other than that, feel free to crush some wings. Don’t worry about looking like a pig while chowing down on some tasty wings. Let’s face it, you didn’t go to some high class hoity toity place to eat lunch, you went to a wing joint. Everything is acceptable. Finger licking, double dipping, sauce around the mouth, sauce on the shirt; it’s all good. Also, you are out with buddies. It’s not like you’re going on a business lunch to a wing joint (although I have done that before). So feel free to go out and let your freak flag fly. You’re with friends, don’t feel ashamed if you’re a finger licker or, like one of my friends in particular, tend to spill whatever you eat on your shirt. Oh, and make sure you eat more than your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment